Few weeks ago I had shot some videos and transferred it on my computer to share it on social media sites. But I was shocked to see that the files were corrupt. I have been doing this for long time but never trapped in this kind of situation. Even worse thing to see was I encountered the same error with the videos which was captured with other camera. Thus soon after video corruption I researched to find some info over internet, and repaired the file. Hope this article will help someone having same issue.
One hint that the file can be repaired was that even though QuickTime (or any media player for that matter) did not open the file but it was intact, that is the video file was of same size. The first thing which I tried was Repair QuickTime Tool. This tool was available for free, it was very easy to use and with the free demo version I was able to repair QuickTime file in just few steps. One very good thing about this software was the free preview of the repaired video file, but then I came to know that to save the repaired file I have to purchase the tool. Soon after this, I thought if Repair QuickTime software is able to repair the file then there could be some trick or tool which can do this for free. I tried some tricks and even other video repair tools but the flexibility and the results which were available by Repair QuickTime software were incredible. I went through all the reviews, and the reviews about the software were almost positive. Finally, I decided to buy the tool as I had obtained good results using demo version.
Steps involved in the programs are very easy. The steps involved in repair process: selecting the corrupt video file, select repair and wait until the software scans and repairs the file. Once repair is successful you can preview the repaired file and save it.
QuickTime File Repair Made Easy – Repair QuickTime
- The tool uses read-only procedures to repair the file, with this feature one does not have to worry about the file getting still worsened. Moreover there is no need to take backup of the corrupt video file before repairing the file
- Supported codecs of video (avc1, mp4v, mjpeg) and audio (sowt, RAW, mp4a)
- Fixes almost all the issues of MOV and MP4 file that is not accessible on QuickTime
- Helps you repair video files that are recorded on popular cameras (such as GoPro, Nikon, Canon etc.) and iPhones
- Can fix video file that are corrupted due to header corruption, damaged due to interruptions while conversion, corrupted due to file transfer disruptions, damaged frames, out of sync issues, codec issues, errors while accessing video files etc.
- Repaired video file can be played on both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Supported Windows operating systems: Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 server or Windows 2008 server
- Supported Mac operating system: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (64-bit), Lion 10.7 (64-bit), Mountain Lion 10.8 (64-bit), Mavericks 10.9 (64-bit) and Yosemite 10.10 (64 bit)
- If you are not able to repair the file or if there is any inconvenience in repairing the file then you can avail free support available 24 / 7