Pentax is a popular brand in the field of digital cameras and sport optics. Pentax is actually a Japanese company which is a subsidiary of Ricoh imaging company. The mid-format cameras of Pentax are popular among professional as well as some enthusiastic amateur photographers around the globe. The default file format of photos taken on Pentax camera is PEF (Pentax Electronic File). This RAW image format is based on TIFF.
Sometimes, PEF images that are stored in your camera memory card may get deleted or lost. A number of situations favors this. Suppose you are taking few photos in your camera. After taking one or two photos, an alert comes. It says that card memory is full and you have to delete some items on the card to capture more photos. Now you are deleting some images that you do not want anymore. However, after sometime you realized that some of the photos that you deleted were important. What can you do to recover deleted photos?
Pentax Photo Recovery software is an excellent tool to recover PEF file from Pentax camera. It is built with a powerful scanning algorithm which scans the memory card from where you lost photos. Memory cards of brands such as Kingston, SanDisk, Sony, Lexar, Moser Baer, etc. can be scanned using this tool and recover precious photos. This software has separate versions for Windows and Mac operating systems. You can also recover RAW images of other camera brands such as Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc. along with Pentax PEF file recovery.
Common PEF file loss scenarios
- Accidental Deletion: We have already discussed one instance of this scenario. Accidentally pressing deleted all button in camera is another instance. Deletion can also happen while previewing photos on camera, such as pressing delete button instead of zooming or other.
- Improper Handling of the memory card: If you abruptly remove memory card from the camera while taking photos, it may lead to the file system damage of PEF files and such files may become corrupted. By seeing the corrupted files, there is a high probability in which you delete such files.
- Formatting of Memory Card: Unintentional formatting of memory card get result in the loss of valuable PEF files.
- Virus Attack: If you insert your memory card into a virus infected computer, there must be an obvious chance that some of your files get affected. Maybe after putting your card back into your camera, you realize that some of your PEF files are missing.
This software supports recovery of lost files from different types of memory cards such as SD, xD, CF and MMC. It support all latest Windows and Mac operating systems. File systems supported by this software are FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT, HFS and HFS+.
Steps to Recover PEF File from Pentax Camera Memory Card
- Download Pentax Photo Recovery software on your desktop/ laptop computer. Install the software in a few easy steps.
- Connect your camera memory card on your computer. If your computer is a desktop you have to use USB port. If it is a laptop, there may be a built in slot for attaching memory cards.
- Open the software. In the main screen you can see 3 options. ‘Recover Files’, ’Recover Drives’ and ‘Recover Photos’. Click on Recover Photos option
- In the next screen, you can see a list of storage devices and drives. Select your camera memory card from that list and click on forward arrow at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- A scanning starts now for Pentax PEF file recovery.
- After scanning is finished, you can preview photos that can be recovered.