Extreme digital cards also known as XD cards are used to save captured photos in Fujifilm and Olympus cameras. XD cards are used extensively to store pictures due to its compact size compared to CF cards and SD cards. Although it has a vast number of advantages, it won’t prevent you or the system from deleting the data. For recovering deleted photos from XD card, you need a good photo recovery software. One of the perfect is Remo Recover.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from XD Card using Remo Recover?
Connect your XD card to the computer by inserting it on the camera and then connecting the camera to the computer. Install Remo Recover application on the computer and open it once you have downloaded it successfully. Watch the YouTube video tutorial on recovering deleted photos from the above link. You can continue recovering photos from XD card along with the video. All the instructions are same and you need to just follow that. Finally, you will have the deleted photos back on your XD card or whatever storage device you prefer to save it.
Features of the Photo Recovery Software
- Restores a large number of data / photos within a short span of time using its simple interface with effective photo recovery algorithms.
- Handles recovery of multiple files at a time and recovers an unlimited number of photos without any limitations.
- Allows free preview of the recovered photos and saves the recovery session which saves a massive amount of time scanning the disk over and over again.
- Recovers photo file formats such as JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP and all other file formats along with audio and video file types such as MP4, MP3, AVI, MOV, XVID, etc.
- Retrieves photos not only from XD cards but also from all other physical disk drives such as CF cards, microSD cards, SDHC and SDXC cards.
What Causes Photo Deletion in XD Cards?
- Accidental deletion of photos and other human errors without confirming the photos in the Extreme Digital cards is the common scenario.
- Deletion of photos due to the intrusions of external threats in computers and this causes it is spread when you connect your XD card to a virus infected computer.
- Abrupt removal of XD cards from cameras while file transfer process and when the system is using the card may cause you data deletion or loss.
- Photo deletion due to the corruption in XD cards which happens if you remove the XD cards repeatedly without safely removing them.
- Usage of XD cards in unreliable computers may leave it deleted.
If you ever come across the deletion of photos from XD card, the thing you should avoid doing is transferring the files to the same XD card. By doing this, you will tend to overwrite the existing file which is available for recovery. Avoid formatting the XD card multiple times or changing the file system of the extreme digital cards.
Using Remo Recover software for recovering deleted photos from XD card is preferably the good option even if you have overwritten the photos in it.